Kenneth Allen Marcure Memorial Scholarship - CLOSED
The Fund will provide scholarships to the University of Montana undergraduate students in the Phyllis J. Washington College of Education and Human Sciences according to the following guidelines: Students in good academic standing who have been admitted to the Teacher Education Program in Elementary Education OR Math, Science, Social Sciences and English and who are scheduled to complete their student teaching in an international setting during the funded year. Eligible student will have experiences with and/or demonstrated interest in other cultures as well as a strong record of volunteer and community engagement in which they have demonstrated perseverance, leadership qualities, and a commitment to social justice. The application requires a CV and an additional one-page essay that describes where the student wants to complete the international placement and the reason for this selection. One reference letter is required from a methods course instructor. Criteria also include Teacher Education faculty judgment regarding the candidate’s potential for success in the international placement and future career.Recipients will also receive microfinance funds to lend to entrepreneurs in less privileged countries through Brio Multimedia’s Learn2Share program.
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you scheduled to student teach in the 2016-17 academic year?
- Please provide one letter of reference from a methods course instructor.
- Please provide a copy of your most recent CV (curriculum vitae) or résumé.
- Please provide an additional one-page essay that describes where you want to complete your international student teaching placement and the reason for this selection.
- Are you planning to student teach in an international setting?