Albert Blumenthal Scholarship
The purpose of the Albert Blumenthal Scholarship in sociology is to provide an annual award to a full-time student at The University of Montana. The recipient must be a sociology major who has demonstrated academic achievement.
- Supplemental Questions
- To be eligible for this scholarship, you must have between 60 and 89 earned credits (not including course in progress). Do you have between 60 and 89 earned credits? If yes, please continue with the next question.
- To be eligible for this Scholarship, you must have a University of Montana cumulative GPA of 3.25 or above. Do you have a GPA of 3.25 or above? If yes, please continue.
- Academic Transcript (print or save from CyberBear)
- Provide a letter indicating your plans for the future and your interest in rural and/or community-related issues (e.g. future research projects, career in a rural setting, etc.)
- I have taken or am currently taking Rural Sociology and/or The Community (Interest and academic promise in rural or community related studies will be judged by the number of these courses taken, by the applicant's grades in these courses, and evidence of interest in rural or community related research or career plans).
- If you are awarded this scholarship, when would you prefer to receive it? (Please note, Students applying for this scholarship must plan to be in attendance at UM through Fall Semester next year). Awards for projects conducted during Summer will be paid beginning Fall semester.
- A Letter of Recommendation is required for this scholarship. The Letter must attest to your interest in rural and/or community studies, in addition to other qualifications. Please provide the name and email address for a professor who has agreed to provide a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
- Show 2 more