Henry and Fannie Clift Kain and Daniel and Jessie McKay Scholarship - Sociology
The purpose of the Henry and Fannie Clift Kain and Daniel and Jessie McKay Scholarship is to provide an annual award to an undergraduate student at the University of Montana with preference given to those majoring in, or expecting to major in, the social sciences.
- Supplemental Questions
- To be eligible for this Scholarship, you must have a University of Montana cumulative GPA of 3.25 or above. Do you have a GPA of 3.25 or above? If yes, please continue.
- The Kain/McKay Scholarships in Applied Sociology are intended to defray costs for academic projects that involve some practical application of sociological knowledge. Applied projects can include internships, independent study courses, research projects, or omnibus work. Please provide a written description of the proposed project or internship and an explanation of why it's a central part of your course of study in the Sociology Department
- Unofficial transcript
- Please submit a proposed itemized project budget (items may include transportation, housing, food, summer tuition, equipment for project, etc).
- I have completed at least two core courses in Sociology at the time of this application
- If you are awarded this scholarship, when would you prefer to receive it? (Please note, Students applying for this scholarship must plan to be in attendance at UM through Fall Semester next year). Awards for projects conducted during Summer will be paid beginning Fall semester.
- A Letter of Recommendation is required for this scholarship. The letter should attest to your academic achievement and quality of proposed internship or project that involves an application of sociological knowledge. Please provide the name and email address for a professor who has agreed to provide a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
- Show 2 more